Tuesday, July 08, 2008

-Our 4th of July Weekend-

Here's how it went down.....

Thurs: I was recuperating from the crappy migraine, and my friend Kathy called to see how I was doing. During our conversation she asked me how my Relief Society lesson was coming. What R.S. lesson!? Short story I was scheduled to teach that Sun. Topic; "The Latter-day Saint Woman". Vague. I didn't know if there was a lesson manual so I started to look thing up at lds.org.
Packed Tanner and Jayla for their trip to Utah with G'ma and G'pa.
Dan got home late from his business trip to Grand Junction.
Fri: Got up early to get kids ready for the annual Scout Breakfast for our wards scout fund-raiser. Dan had to be there by 6:30 am to help cook. We were planning on meeting the G'parents there to pick up the older 2 for their trip. G'parents got there about 8. Ate breakfast and packed the kids up in their car.


Getting the kids things into the trunk.



Tanner and Jayla can't wait to get going!


All ready!
Dan and I took Zach and Jake to go see Kung-Fu Panda (2 thumbs up). Hung out the rest of the day. Jake and Zach fell asleep before fireworks, and Dan and I had an eventful night of watching "The Great Debaters" and then going to bed. Happy birthday U.S.A!

Sat: Got up and ran with the dog, Sassy (pic below)


(cont.) . I missed Tanner and Jayla. Dan went golfing.... he has to get as much of it in ASAP before surgery on the 16th. Zach and Jake fought together, played together, fought, played etc. etc. They have a very love/hate relationship! Went grocery shopping and to Dicks Sporting Goods, that just opened up by our house. Had Dan's bro. Steve came over and we ordered the UFC fights. GREAT fights, even the under cards!

Sun: Went to church and gave my wonderful lesson. I found out after the fact that there is a manual. I now know for next time. (I don't teach again until Nov.) Still missed Tanner and Jayla.
Mon: Got up and went running, came home took the boys and Sassy for a walk (Sassy needs some work on the leash when she runs w/ me) Dan went to work. I hung out with the boys, prepared 11 family home evening lessons to pass out that night ( I am in a FHE group that meets quarterly and there are 11 families in the group). Did Dan's laundry, cuz he was leaving for Kansas City on Tues. Went to the FHE group mtg. Zach pee-ed his pants at the park we met at. Got home, gave the boys a shower. The G'parents stopped to drop off Tanner and Jayla. Who, by-the-way, had a GREAT time. I'll blog about that later, or Tanner will.

Tues: Walked the dog. Cleaned. Took Dan to the airport. Cleaned. Cooked dinner. When Dan is gone I hate cooking (I hate cooking dinner anyway) So I usually do something easy that the kids will eat. So Pancakes it is........

To make myself feel better about the food, they are wheat pancakes to get some nutrition in there. And now, here we are.

4 comments:

Melissa Rozeski said...

sounds like a great weekend! what nice grandparents to take the kiddos along. I am jealous of your running. I see people around here running and my heart aches for that feeling again. I'm all about easy dinners when Jason is gone, but being pregnant almost all of my dinners are easy.

Anonymous said...

Awwww, Sassy reminds me of Skip. Glad you survived the weekend!
-Martha

Anonymous said...

Emily,
Thanks for letting us take Tanner and Jayla to Utah. Everyone was glad to see them and they were so good. I loved hanging out with them.
Love~Mom

Erin Ann said...

you're just so dang cute, Em. Thanks for your updates. I'm glad your life has the up and downs like mine. Glad you are doing great!!