Tuesday, January 29, 2008

So here is my daily entry (from yesterday, Tues. 1/29)....

I got 30 min exercise
I had special k, a protein bar, diet dr. pepper, cottage cheese a couple of pickles, 3 hard boiled eggs and a granola bar to eat today.

After typing that I need to work on getting some veggies and fruit in. Thats hard at our house because my kids actually like those things so they get eaten fast. Enough excuses.

I haven't blogged about our night at the Nuggets game last Wed. Through Tanner's basketball team we got some good tickets for half price, so we took Tanner, Jayla and Zach. Jake stayed with Grandma and Grandpa.

Tanner got to go down on the court and hi-five the players as they came in for warm up. Unfortunately, Mello was injured but AI (Allen Iverson) was there. Tanner had been so excited the whole day. I got to take Jayla to go talk to the Cheerleaders and the dancers. She was excited, but of course went mute when they tried to talk to her.
Zach just wanted hot dogs, cotton candy and thought that the lights were really cool.
All the kids had on their Nuggets gear, but it didn't take long for Zach to realize that his jersey didn't have a number on it like the other kids did.
At half time some little YMCA basketball players got to have a 5 minute game against eachother. Zach was angery that they didn't "pick" him to go and play,and again had to tell us it was because his jersey was missing a number.
They played the Hawks. It was a good game, but I didn't get to pay as much attention to it since I just tried to keep Zach enjoying his time there. It was just great to spend time together as a family (minus Jake, we missed him but were glad he wasn't there).

Then thanks to grandma and grandpa Dan and I went to dinner and a movie last Fri. We just went to the movie complex here in Brighton. We had dinner at Anthony's pizza and then went to go see "Juno" ($5 movie through Kerasotes theater company). Dan and I laughed so hard! The girl that plays Juno is so funny. I know the topic of teen pregnancy isn't funny, but THIS was hilarious. I am jealous of Jason and Ellen who have "Paulie Bleeker is Boss" t-shirts. Maybe I'll make on that says "Dan Lewis is Boss".
It was just fun to be Dan and I. Usually when we get to go out it is for some "Farmers" function so Dan has to be all social to everyone and I don't get his undivided attention. But since I had it that night, I found myself being quite the chatter box.

Well today I get to look forward to The Dentist. My tooth decided it didn't like it's filling anymore. I hate going to the dentist! Mostly because I hate trying to get someone to watch my kids so that I can do something I don't want to do in the first place.

I don't think I will work out until this afternoon, after the dentist.
I have read many of your blogs- Way to go on getting serious about health!-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily,
It was great to have little Jakey hang out with us. He got to play without competition from anybody. But when he gets tired he wants his "mom". Also, thnks for the inspiration on being more fit.
Love~mom

Anonymous said...

I've got to get more f&v in my nutritional repertoire, too. Sounds like a great time with the Nuggets. I feel so out of the loop about Juno. Can't wait to see it...on video (that's how it goes around here most of the time).