Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Christmas decorations are down and now it's time to put up Valentines. WOW! Another holiday season come and gone. I wanted so bad to bake up all sorts of delicious treats but as usual I never found the time. I think I will bake for Valentines Day instead, not quite so hectic. Our Holidays were great.
Dan got to stay home the week of Christmas until after New Years. I wouldn't say he really had it "off" because his phone continued to ring and he had to return emails almost every morning, but at least he was home! He was probably ready to go back and get some piece and quite at the office (comparatively).

I love having the kids home, but was ready for the structure that school brings.

We got to visit with Charlie, Raenie, Dallin and Kenzie for a couple of days. They flew to Utah and visited Reaenie's family and then drove here to come visit Grandparents and us. They have a wonderful family and Dallin and Kenzie are so beautiful. Char and Raenie look great too. What's your secret Raenie?!

Most of our break was spent playing Guitar Hero II. I am a rock star in my own mind! The kids didn't get to play it until about 2 days later when Dan and I started feeling guilty for not sharing. Sorry kids! They stayed busy shooting each other with their Nerf guns, Jayla included (she has to have something to protect herself from her crazy brothers).

Well life is back to "normal" now and time to think of what's coming up in the next year!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooooh, pretty blog!

Raenie said...

Em,
It was great to see you and Dan and the kids. We had such a fun time visiting with you. Dallin is now hooked on Guitar Hero, he wants to "rock" all the time now. We got him a little toy guitar at Wal-Mart yesterday and he only puts it down to eat! Thanks for the fun time!

Anonymous said...

Emily,
Thanks for hanging out with us during the Holidays. We are glad you were able to spend so much time with us.
Love~Mom

Melissa Rozeski said...

I saw your little beauties at church with Carla. Seriously, GORGEOUS kiddos. Sorry I didn't call, jason and I took a mini-trip for our anniversary during the break, so our days were short. But, I have good news, Jason has accepted the job at Platte Valley. I think we are going to try to live in Arvada, but still, I am envisioning some big summer fun with you. I will call as our plans get more concrete.