Monday, January 21, 2008




National Western Stock Show 2008

We did the yearly visit to the stock show on Fri. Jan 18. I always love going probably as much if not more than the kids do. We went with Karla and her kids and Rachel and hers.
My kids missed Grandpa Lewis this year because, "he knows all about the big cows and animals. He will ask the people if we can pet the really fat ones and they always say yes."

The Big highlight is always the tractor races. They are the ones you pedal, like the one Uncle Jon had. I can't get the clip, but all the kids got to race multiple times. Jayla had to whisper to me after it was over " I won 5 times mom. No one beat me!" I am so proud she has found her calling in tractor racing.

My kids didn't want to leave. Jayla wanted to see the Rodeo Queen, and see if she would give her a plastic tiara to wear on her cowgirl hat (Jayla doesnt' have a cowgirl hat). She also said that when she grows up she wants to be at least a Rodeo Princess. I guess it's time to try to get her over the fear of touching a horse first. When Kaitlyn took us to the horse barn over the summer she wouldn't go near Gary. I guess we all need dreams though.

DREAM ON!...........

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jayla looks so morose. Cute hairstyle, though. By the way, the fauxhawks crack me up.