Thursday, June 26, 2008

So, I have been a slacker in my "duties" as being a V.T. I have been inspired to try harder and to get it done. We just had our V.T. conference on Tues........"Feed My Sheep.... Every Sister a Friend". We had a guy in our ward, Rex Johnson, speak our R.S. Pres, Becky Smith, speak and a musical number by me.* I thought it went really well. I really liked that we had a guys perspective on V.T. and he shared some great service stories that his wife received when she had their twins his first year of dental school. And of course our pres. gave a wonderful inspirational talk about the importance of visiting our sisters.

So there you go.... I have been touched by the spirit and can not neglect it.

I visited one of my sisters today and had a nice visit. Because of my being "touched" I felt I had to repent of my slackerness. She forgave me and invited me to go to Texas with her and 3 other ladies next week. I had to decline ( maybe going to Utah for the Clark Family Reunion, my 2 older ones are going for sure w/ G'parents).

Off the subject. We did not get Water World passes this year because of our new purchase of Sassy, the lab/ St. bernard dog we adopted. What was I thinking!? The kids are bored and so am I. Oh well, for sure next year if we aren't moving. (I know I keep saying that, but it is at the point now that it is inevitable we will be heading for L.A)

* I didn't want to sing. I didn't want people thinking that now that I am in charge of HFPE that it will become "The Emily Show". The other ladies that were asked couldn't do it, so my committee leader begged me. FYI I sang "Miracles" from the Sally DeFord website www.defordmusic.com.

1 comments:

Raenie said...

Sounds like you had a great VT conference. So you got a dog? Will there be some pictures of Sassy soon? Hope you are having a great summer despite not having WW passes.