Tuesday, February 12, 2008






Laundry.........


I think the one thing that drives me most crazy about laundry is matching socks. I DESPISE this part of the laundry. Well I decided to try to fix the problem and try to think of ways that would make this chore easier. I found this idea, and so far has worked great (as long as your family members will do their part.) Maybe some of you already knew to do this, but humor me because I think I have reinvented the wheel. I bought lingerie bags and have pinned or tied them to the laundry baskets. When socks are dirty the family is to put them into the lingerie bags together. When it's time for a load of wash, zip up the lingerie bag and wash and dry it with the load. Tada! The socks are together, no matching necessary. YA!
In I and Dan's laundry I bought 2 bags, one for white socks and one for colored.

If you would like pictures I would be happy to share, since I really am excited about this "new" way of being organized in the laundry scheme. I will post them as I figure out my new digital camera.

4 comments:

Raenie said...

Hey...that's pretty clever!! Way to go Em! I'll have to give it a try. I think the hardest to train in the family will be...you know who! JK

Anonymous said...

I used to do that with Cami's baby socks! Can't wait to see your pictures...I may have to start up again.
-mar

Anonymous said...

Hey Emily,
Laundry - Baundry - I Hate Laundry! I loved the picture of the wash line.
Love~Mom

Erin Ann said...

Amen! I believe I would be a better laundry doer if socks were presorted!
Thanks for the great idea...and thanks for sitting with me today. It was a ball to catch up with you and get your blog address..