Monday, November 02, 2009

What we've been up to........... (I have a new camera and have FINALLY uploaded pictures)


Jayla had a "Grandpa Lewis/ Granddaughters date" that he took all the granddaughters in the area (Jayla, Cora, Rachel) to Wicked. She had such a GREAT time! He took them out to a nice restaurant for dinner before the play. I had talked to her about the story line before hand so she wouldn't feel lost as she was watching. She said that some people at the theater told them all how beautiful they looked and how appropriately they were dressed for a "night on the town". She thoroughly enjoyed the production and having a night out with Grandpa! She didn't get home until almost midnight- it was even a school night. I had told her that I would call her school the next day, but circumstances made it so I didn't have to ......







Jayla all dressed up before her night out.


Which brings me to how I didn't have to call her in. We got a nice bit 'o snow the next day and they cancelled school. I'll be honest, I was shocked that they did. Our school district hardly ever cancels school! So needless to say the kids.... ok, and I.... were totally excited about no school. Dan went to a half day of work, and then came home to work the other half. After he felt he had sufficiently done enough, we took the kids to some little hills over by our house to sled. The kids loved it. Jake decided it was even more fun to fore go the sleds and just roll down the hill in the snow. We were there for quite a while, before Dan and I decided to call it a night. My kids LOVE the snow. It did make me excited for the winter. Maybe Dan and I can get up on the slopes and do a lot more snowboarding this year and even get the kids to enjoy it this year!


Dan pulling the little boys. I have more pics of sledding, but they are on my phone.



Our next event was approx. 3 days later..... Football. You gotta love Colorado with it's extremes in weather! All these pics are sunny and drier. Our season is now into the play-offs. We have only lost 1 game this season. In the last 3 seasons we have only lost 2 games. Yes, I am bragging. We won our game, so championship here we come!


Jayla scrunching her face because the sun was in her eyes.


My cheerleaders at half time. We are missing 1, but the little girl in the pic decided she would fill in. She is a daughter to some of our good friends. We have had a fun season. This is the last season I will be able to coach.


Tanner is #53. He isn't as small as he looks next to these other boys. The tall kid next to him is 5ft. 8in and about 190lbs. This team is made up of mostly 10 yr olds, and a few 11 yr olds. Tanner loves football!

Tanner is warming up.

Coaching staff. There is one more that isn't in this picture. Look at the hot stuff tucking in his shirt. I think I want to get to know him better ;-)



This was during the game against Lafayette.



All the parents and cheerleaders do "the bridge" after each game for the boys to run through. After all the boys run, the cheerleaders run through while all the parents cheer. The kids love it!

Then there was Halloween in the mix. My kids can't make up their minds of what they want to be until the very last minute. We went over to some friends house to go trick or treating, so the kids could go with some friends. They had such a great time.


Here's all of them after getting their "loot".


Jake was the Hulk, but didn't want to look at the camera.


Zach started out as the Blue Power Ranger, but when Tanner got to have a mustache, he wanted one too. He didn't want to wear his mask so that everyone could see his "make-up". He decided to wear a baseball hat instead (like Tanner) so then we started calling him a NASCAR driver.

Jayla wanted to be a cat..... AGAIN. She thought it would be funny to be a cat walking the dog.


Tanner came up with the idea to be a Black Market Assassin....... whatever that is. Once he told me what he wanted his make-up to be, we just started calling him a spy. Although, he could totally fit in with the CBI (Colorado Bureau of Investigation) office, don't ya think Pratt Fam?!

2 comments:

elle said...

Jayla looks so grown up! I love that your kids love sledding so much! And I think that Tanner would totally fit in with Dad's office :o)

Anonymous said...

Emily, those are great pictures of the kids. Thanks for sharing them in all of their activities. And the mustaches look great!
Love~Mom