Friday, May 09, 2008

Happy belated Cinco De Mayo!!





This is my attempt at celebrating...... Fried Ice Cream!!! I had planned a Mexican themed dinner, but Rachel (my sis-in-law) called and wanted to know if we wanted to go out with them to a Mexican restaurant. There is such a selection here in Brighton. What!? Brighton has Mexican restaurants! :) We decided upon El Jimador (pronounced Hee-ma-dor). But I had frozen these babies earlier that morning, so I didn't want my creations to go to waste, so no dessert at the restaurant.

In a miracle, we got Dan to meet us for dinner at 7pm. Dinner went well considering we had 7 kids under the age of 9. I was glad he could make it because he was going to be in Kansas City, MO (his favorite place in the WORLD) until the end of the week, so it was nice to do something fun before he left.

1 comments:

Melissa Rozeski said...

That fried ice cream makes me think of Casa bonita! I bet that place was hoppin' of cinco de mayo!