Wednesday, April 02, 2008

What's For Dinner!?




I always hate that question. Well in honor of April Fools Day, this was our dinner. After reading my great friends blog. I felt I need to let loose today and do something fun for my family (thanks Melissa!). I ditched the fixating on having a clean house and getting laundry done, so after volunteering at the school I spent the rest of the day whipping this up.

Yes, it was for "fools" day so don't let the picture deceive you. The "cake" is meat loaf "frosted" with whipped potatoes and cherry tomatoes top it off. The "hamburgers" were made with vanilla wafers, peppermint patties, frosting and green coconut.

The kids thought it was great, except Jake. When he took a bite of his "cake" he started to cry and whine "cake, me cake!" Tanner had 3 helpings of "cake".

3 comments:

Melissa Rozeski said...

Talk about being the most FUN mom on the planet!!!! The meatloaf cake is especially good! Did you just come up with that on your own???? Let me just say I am impressed Miss Emily!!!

Raenie said...

That totally rocks! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Emily,
What a fun time for your family. Way to go! Also, it was great spending some time with you and the kids on Thurday and also with you and Emily on Saturday.
Love~Mom