Wednesday, March 21, 2007







MARCH MADNESS- BABY!


Here is the summary.....

Thurs March 15- From the airport we went straight to Arco Arena and started watching basketball. All the games went pretty much like this.... At the beginning it was exciting. We thought that we would witness a great upset, but by the end the underdog lost, most by blowout. There were 4 games that day and yes I watched all of them. I think Dan was surprised that I had lasted, but I like basketball especially in person when there aren't child interruptions or housework to make me feel guilty watching it on T.V. The day was great.


Friday March 16- No basketball. It was a day of "firsts" for me. First time eating at In & Out Burger, and first time visiting San Francisco. I was not let down by the infamous burger joint or San Fran. Pics below......








Golden Gate Bridge.









The bay. Alcatraz is the island behind the light house.











Dan and I of course.



San Francisco, looking off of the parking garage.








Last but not least, Ghirardelli Square. MMMM chocolate!






We took an hour long bus tour around the city with Bob, Renae and Ivan. It is such a cool city. I can see why people love it. It was a beautiful day, temp 68; not too cold, not too hot! Of course since we were so close to the ocean, we had fresh crab cakes and such. DELICIOUS!








Sat. March 17- Back to basketball.
We didn't get Dan or Ivan here (I think they were getting food. Shocker?!) Actually Dan was probably getting me food.





0 to 78? No, I don't know what happened when I took this pic. The final score was 74 to 78. This game was pretty boring until the last 5 min. Then hold on to your seats....... the game ends up going into double OT! It made up for the first 3/4 of the game. GO V.D.....uuhh I mean Van. D.!



Now, ESPN toted this game to be the best game of the night. I disagree I think the best game was Ohio St. and Xavier. I watched that on T.V., but I saw this one in person. Again, not much to talk about until the last part of the 2nd half. Up until then it was more fun watching the UCLA Pole Dancers, uh, cheerleaders make fools of themselves.

All-in-All we had a great time watching basketball, enjoying a vacation from the kids and best of all spending quality time with my great Hubby.

Thanks to the Lewis' for the tickets and providing such a great excuse to get away.








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the VD slip! Classic! I was-is-am-were-will be soooo jealous of you guys. I was thinking of you while I was watching millions of hours of basketball that weekend.

Unknown said...

What a fun trip!! No kids??? I could watch anything all day without the kids. I love the oreos and star wars before church. All too familiar. I can't believe Jayla is 6. Your family is just too cute.
Love, Melissa