Thursday, September 10, 2009

Things I love.........

I have been trying to have better thoughts go through my head, than the negative ones I have been having lately. So this morning as I dropped my kids off at school I was trying to make a list in my head of all the things I love. Here is just a few things that went through my head.......( some are deeper than others, but it's MY list of things)

The blessing I have to be a wife
Being a mother
taking my kids to school so I am the last person they get encouragement from before entering into their long day of learning.
Picking my kids up from school so that I am the first person they talk to about their immediate reactions of what that day at school brought them.
Spending time with my family, even if its as little as driving them around. (as you can tell most of my life is in the car)
Having a devoted husband and father to my kids
Watching my husband in his working capacity (it's fun to see him interact and see how co-workers interact with him) I like seeing him in a different angle.
Having the ability to see my kids learn at such fast speeds
My opportunity to volunteer in such a great school that fits my children's needs
I love the gym, with the mental break it gives me and learning the importance of my body
The gospel, and how it affects my daily decisions for the better
Ice cream
the friends I have
My husbands ability to work hard, and provide me with the option to raise my kids.
Learning

Those are just a few things. I have an on going list in my head that I will hopefully be able to recall when I am having those negative things pop back into my head.

2 comments:

Raenie said...

What a good mental excercise. I find myself having lots of negative thoughts as well. Usually I have to go burn off my frustrations by jogging, but sometimes that doesn't even help. It's always good to look on the bright side of life because really, it's usually not as bad as we make it out to be, at least for me! Thanks Em!!

Anonymous said...

"Count your many blessings name them one by one." I couldn't help but quote that hymn. I agree with Raenie. Good reminder for all of us.
Love~Mom