Monday, December 29, 2008

Merry Christmas!


First I can't get blogger to STOP underlining! That said......

There always seems to be some sort of a theme for Christmas. This years theme was electronics. Jayla and Zach got Nintendo DS's among other things, Tanner got a bunch of PSP stuff (he already has had the PSP for a couple of years) and the family got some more Wii games and accessories.




Little gamer.

Lots 'o gamers (Dan is playing Sudoku on Jayla's DS, Jake is playing the now hand me down leapster)


Jayla being left out of the gamers club. Us girls stick together.



One of the things that I decided to try to do this year, and maybe start a tradition of, is making homemade doughnuts on Christmas day. This was my first attempt at making doughnuts, EVER! And yes to "toot-my -own-horn" they turned out really yummy. Some are glazed and some are just dipped in sugar.

Dan and I don't usually get each other gifts at Christmas. We think it's much more fun to get the kids stuff (and then play with their things). But, this year Dan bought our family passes to LifeTime Fitness (you really should check this out.... AWESOME!). They just opened one up in Westminster ( 20 min drive from our house). I know that some people might think, " what's he trying to say by buying a gym pass" or "that's not very fun". But to those people I say "BAH HUMBUG TO YOU!" I have been asking for a gym with daycare and need that physical release. This is exactly what I wanted.... asked for..... and got. He totally loves me!

Now, every time I get those Christmas Questionnaires that has the question about "who is the most difficult to buy for" I always answer Dan. I never know what to get him. Maybe it's because I am always looking for that gift that will really let him know how much I love him and appreciate him. This year is the same as the others as far as that goes. Eventually he got what he asked for, which was a nice camel colored dress coat. I also surprised him by making a book about our life, so far, together on snapfish (thanks Mar for the heads up!). I think it turned out pretty good.

We hope that everyone had a great Christmas and that you were all good boys and girls so that Santa came to YOUR house. We miss all those family members and friends that are far away, or those that we don't see enough, and think about all of you often!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those photos are fantastic. Love Jayla's jammies & slippers - so cute & they look sooo comfortable. I'm glad your donuts turned out. Was it hard or time-consuming? I need to call you. We got your package - thank you!!! Happy New Year to y'all!

Anonymous said...

Emily,
Thank you and Dan for the invite up for Christmas dinner. It was great to see all the kids and their excitement for Christmas. Also, those doughnuts were excellent!
Love~Mom