Friday, October 03, 2008




More Trauma...... ( I don't know why blogger is making me underline everything, sorry)




Well, Dan has been out of town since Sun. (he got back late last night). So our/my week has been very tiring. Me, and kids were getting on each others nerves throughout the week. Well the day finally comes when Dad is coming home, and just hours before our missed and loved dad/husband gets home, I end up in Urgent care with #3 ( I have decided to not name kids, I am in a paranoid state. So the are numbered by birth order). I was too nervous to go to the ER again (that would be 2x in 2 weeks) because I didn't want a "file" to be started about , "Why have there been so many accidents in the Lewis household".

Here's what happened...... #4 and #3 are jumping off the half wall onto the couches. I put an end to that, so they have to go find something else to do that's CRAZY. They start racing around through the kitchen, around the stairs into the dining room, back into the kitchen. That is the loop. #3 and #4 are very competitive and start pushing each other to get ahead, #3 starts taking #4's beloved blanket and teasing #4 to come get it. According to #3 he was just running SO fast and bonked his face into the dining room chair.
I was trying bake some cookies and make dinner, so all I heard was a big thud and a blood curdling scream. #3 ran into the kitchen to get sympathy. At first I started giving him the lecture about how silliness spoils, but as I was watching him cry his cheek started to literally blow up like a balloon! So in my exhausted state I started freaking out. I have seen swelling before, but never that quickly and to watch the color change in his cheek within seconds! I called Aunt that lives close by on my way to urgent care, to check on the kids I left at home. I called #1 to get the cookies out of the oven and to turn it off.
To shorten this down...... #3 was checked out and x-rayed. No fractures to be seen, but wake him in the middle of the night to make sure he doesn't have a concussion. Ice often and give ibuprofen for swelling and pain.
The pics below don't do him justice. He looks like he is trying to smuggle food in his cheek for later.


If you look to your left you can compare cheeks and see some of the swelling. He wouldn't take the cookie out of his mouth.


#4 had to have his picture taken too. His "trauma" is healing nicely.( posted before)


#3 is so funny while getting examined. He was happy to tell everyone what happened and to check out the x-ray machine. NO MORE TRAUMA AT OUR HOUSE, PLEASE!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your kids are so cute, even with their bumps, bruises, cuts, and stitches!

Anonymous said...

That poor little guy. What color is his cheek now?
Mom

Anonymous said...

Those two little ones are toooo cute! I hope that they're both feeling better.

tracycharmed said...

Are you sure a file hasn't been started?!? Look at his sweet face, how could he do anything wrong?