Wednesday, April 04, 2007

2 upset children in 2 days
The last 2 days have had some drama in them. Yesterday Jayla got her name "moved down" on the board. I found out from a little boy who is always looking for ways to upset her. He said that she had gotten her named moved down and since it was from him I said "ya, right. Jayla did not get her named moved down. Stop trying to tease her." She immediately started a melt down. I tried to console her and tell her I didn't believe him, but the break-down continued. I sat there for a minute...... and then I said "You really did get your named moved down?!"
"Yes" she said between sobs. I tried to make out what had happened between the hyperventilating. The last thing she said was "...then Mrs. Martinez moved my name down. My stomach hurt really bad then. I wanted to throw-up" So basically her story was that her and her friends were whirling their sweatshirts around. She, unfortunately, had a jacket with a zipper. She then accidentally hit a kid in the head. This was her first "felony", and hasn't had the chance to become a hardened criminal yet. So you can see why her sensibilities were so tragically hurt. I let her know that she was not in trouble with me (which her little snitch said she would be) as long as she said she was sorry to the wounded child and not swing her jacket around any more.
Then, today while I was volunteering at school and specifically in Tanners class tragedy struck again. I was grading papers when I saw Tanner return from the bathroom rather quickly. My ears perked up when I heard him try to tell his teacher that there was a kid in the bathroom teasing him. She didn't really respond, due to 5 other children vying for her attention. He told her again, this time she looked at me and said "well, your mom is here. Take her to go check it out." Gladly I did. As I walked down the hall I tried to squelch the momma bear inside me, who just wanted to rip the kids chest open and stop on his heart. I told Tanner to go ahead to the bathroom and I would wait in the hall. If the kid was still in there to come out and tell me. As soon as Tanner walked in I could here him saying "No, it wasn't me!"
The story is this....the first time Tanner went to the bathroom this 3rd grader came in. After Tanner had done his "business" . There was a toilet there that was clogged with toilet paper. The kid accused him of doing this. Tanner said it wasn't him and then giggled. The kid continued to pressure Tanner and say that it was him, and "what's so funny. You got a problem?! " So , on and on it continued until Tanner came back to class .
Now, here's where I am standing outside the boys bathroom waiting for this punk. After Tanner stated his innocence again, he came out. I told Tanner to go back to class and I would handle it. The "idiot" child came out and spotted me (not hard, I was blocking the entrance). "Do you have a problem with the kid that just came out of here?" I said. He shook his head. "Why are you giving him a hard time?" "I don't know" was his answer. As we stood there and stared at each other, he began to talk. Stating the story above except trying not to sound like he was being a bully. "I just thought it was him that used that much toilet paper." My reply was this, still trying to remember I was at a school and not in nature..." Listen kid. The next time someone tells you it wasn't them, you stop right there and take their word. The next time you decide to push around that kid, I will hunt you down!" Not once did I tell the crap head that the kid he decided to target was my own.
Come to find out that stupid 3rd grader bullies lots of children. Hopefully after today he will think twice about it. Tanner had strict instructions to inform me if he ever remotely threatens Tanner again.
So, far that is the end of our drama.
Tomarrow Dan comes home!!! YA!!!!!!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a tough day for everyone. I love that you stuck it to that bully. Woo-hoo!