Monday, February 12, 2007







I have change the look of my blog in honor of St. Valentines Day!! So ............





Happy Valentines Day to EVERYONE!!!



I am the room mom for Tanner's class. The school decided to have the class valentine parties on Fri. Feb. 9. So I put together a nice little shin-dig. There is a little girl in his class that is diabetic and I always feel bad for her because she usually has to decline the treats at these things cause of the excessive sugar. So keeping her in mind I made the cupid cups from http://www.kraftfoods.com using sugar-free jello. When the kids saw them they asked what they were and I told them it was jello and specifically told Emma that it was sugar-free and that I hoped she would enjoy it. She looked at me with a great big smile and said " Wow, thank you Mrs. Lewis. I have never had homemade jello before!" She obviously isn't Mormon. I had a great laugh at that.


I found these Fung Shui ideas for Valentines Day. I probably wont try them but if you do let me know if they work. OK, I might try the chimes though. Dan will love feeling like he is outdoors doing what nature intended.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those Cupid Cups look cute & delicious. Did you pipe the chocolate heart, like on the website? That's so great of you to think about that little girl & her needs! It was obviously a big deal for her, and a great example to the other kids. Go, Em! As for the feng shui, I could probably handle moving the side tables an inch & cracking the window open. Life-changing stuff. Hey, as usual, we are late mailing off our Valentines, so in the meantime, know that we love you and are thinking about you!

Anonymous said...

I like the new festive pink decor of your blog. It sounds like the Valentine's party was great. I checked out the web site to see the Cupid Cups, how cute and it sounds really easy to make, even better! I might have to try the recipe out for my two valentine's here in Virginia. ;o)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the links! There are tons of great ideas. I think Jason will especially appreciate decorating our room in a soothing color like pink :o) Hey, I thought I made a comment for your previous post, but alas the blogger gnomes erased it...I LOVE MY SISTERS! (yes Raen you are one of us) Well, gotta go and try those amazing recipes!

Anonymous said...

Hey Emily,
Thanks for the Beatles Valentine! I remember when they wrote that song. Also, I saw those jelllo cups in person. They really looked pretty.
Love~Mom